But no. "One Crazy Summer" came out in 1986 and some scheduler thought it was safe for daytime viewing on a minor channel and that's how it ended up on my DVR. Given that I like Demi Moore and John Cusack, I watched 31 minutes of it. The worst 31 minutes of my week.
Given that it was John Cusack, the male character is a romantically challenged, sympathetic lost soul, surrounded by troublesome buddies. Given that it was John Cusack, he kept his jacket collar turned up
Given that it was Demi Moore and the '80s, her jacket had padded shoulders. Given that it was Demi Moore, all I could think about was how Ashton Kutcher was roughly 7 years old when she made this film.
- Mean teasing girls are told when they make faces that they will get stuck that way. And their faces do get stuck.
- A car leaves the gas station so fast, the pump is still attached and is dragged behind.
- A guy buried in the sand up to his neck winds up under a folding chair, where an obese guy sits, eating beans.
- A man desperate to win a radio contest takes the radio and phone into the bath. The subsequent explosion blows him out the window.
- Bobcat Goldthwait appears relatively normal next to other actors.
If you see this move despite my warning, I have one request. Let me know how it turns out. I'm guessing John and Demi get together, she saves the inherited family property from evil developers and he gets into Rhode Island School of Design. Just a hunch.